This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine’s Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme this week is Favorite Valentine’s Day DIY and Craft Ideas. Be sure to check out all the great ideas shared at the end of this post! You can also link up any family friendly Valentine’s Day post you have on the linky at the bottom of this post!
Valentine’s Day will be here in a couple of weeks and although my husband and I really don’t celebrate the holiday, I thought it would be a great time to make a craft project with Seth. I decided to use hand and foot prints.We all know our babies grow up way faster than we would like and hand and footprints can be used in lots of great craft projects.
We decided to make this wall art for Daddy, because we love him sooo much! I copied Seth’s answers pretty much word for word. What are the five things Seth loves about Daddy?
1. Daddy got a deer for us. – Seth knows where all his meat comes from, every meal he asks what kind of meat we are having and how we got it. When we have fish he likes to talk about Daddy fishing, when we have chicken we talk about Grandma’s chickens, etc. We had eaten venison for dinner the night we worked on this, which is why he choose this I think. 🙂 We do love it that Daddy hunts and provides for us, we like to eat!
2. When we play swords. – Seth is all about swords and Narnia and bows and Pizza Peter (I don’t know how the pizza part got there, it’s just Peter Pavency from you guessed it, The Chronicles of Narnia. Last time I read the book there wasn’t any pizza mentioned.) and Egg-mund (Edmund) and swords. Seth lives for swords. Anything that is long can be turned into a sword. Like Lincoln Logs. And pencils. And sticks.
3. I love to eat cupcakes with Daddy. – We aren’t sure where this came from. Seth doesn’t eat cupcakes very often. Maybe it was a hint for us to make them more often.
4. Playing cards. – I guess Seth also likes to play cards with Daddy. 🙂 I just wrote down what the toddler said people. 🙂
5. Uh-huh I love Daddy. we must have been out of answers at this point. But it is a good reminder that when it is all said and done this little boy adores his daddy. 🙂
Now, what do you need to make this? Not much, but here is a list anyways.
Tongue Depressors – I know these have a different name, I just can’t think of it right now. They will be in your Walmart’s craft supply section.
Hot Glue Gun
Yarn or String
Patience while the paint dries.
- Apply finger paint to your child’s hand. Place on paper. Apply to feet. Place on paper one at a time, connecting heels to form a heart shape. Allow paint to dry. We let it dry overnight.
- Allow your toddler to paint the tongue depressors with the finger paint. Allow these to dry overnight as well.
- Write what ever you wish to say on the paper. I dashed Daddy so that Seth could copy it.
- Use your hot glue gun and tongue depressors to make a frame for your art.
- Glue art on. Start at one corner to make sure you have it on straight. Then finish the corners and add some to the edges if needed.
- Yay!! You did it. Beautiful, one of a kind wall art for those you love most. You may want to have your child sign the back or make their mark, as well as date this awesome piece. If you are going to hang it you will want to get a piece of yarn or string, make a loop and hot glue it onto the frame.
Now, who do you know that you can bless with this unique piece? Grandparent’s, Momma or Daddy? You could make it for your mail carrier if you really wanted to. I hope that you and your toddler have lots of fun making this, Happy Valentine’s Day!
Interested in more fantabulous Valentine’s Day DIY or Craft ideas? Check out any of these posts by clicking on any of the links below!
Still want more? Head to our Pintabulous Mom’s Valentines Day Board!
We would love you to link up any Valentine’s Day post that you have. (They do not have to be craft/diy posts, but we would ask that it would be family friendly.) Come back next week to see our favorite Valentine’s Day food recipes where you can link up again! We would love it if you would like to get our button to remember to come back or to put it on your party page, but it is not a requirement!
<div align="center"><a href="http://creativekkids.com" title="Creative K Kids"><img src="http://creativekkids.com/valentines150.jpg" alt="Creative K Kids" style="border:none;" /></a></div>