And now you all clicked to read to see what is happening over here…No, I’m not pregnant. No, we aren’t moving. No, we didn’t buy a zoo. So, what is this exciting news? I was nominated for a blog award! 🙂 Stories of Our Boys nominated Surviving Toddlerhood a couple of weeks ago for an award called the Versatile Blogger Award. 🙂
I’ve had fun looking through April’s blog. She has pregnancy and birth stories, recipes and encouragement. April has four beautiful boys, She is a military wife and she says she is a little blog obsessed. Go check her blog out here. Thank you April!!
These blog awards have rules. Each one has similar rules, but they are all a little different. Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site.
- Tell seven random facts about yourself.
- Pay it forward to thirteen versatile bloggers.
So, lets start with seven random facts about me. I already shared some random facts about myself here, but I will try to come up with new ones for you.
- I have two amazing sisters and three great brothers.
- I am going to be training to be a birth and post-partum doula this year.
- I have ridden my bike from the southern border of Michigan, across the Mackinac (pronounced mack-i-naw) Bridge, to Sault (pronounced sue, but if you know french you probably knew that already) Sainte Marie at the northern border.
- I don’t really use recipes, I just throw a bunch of things in the pot/bowl and hope it tastes good.
- I had a uterine septum that was removed March 14, 2012. One year and one day later Cameron was born.
- I am an introvert and prefer one on one or smaller group situations rather than large groups and parties.
- <- <- <-These Roman numerals are refreshing my memory. I wasn’t very good with them, no matter how much time I spent on them.
Alright. That was fun! 🙂 Now for my nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award. Dum-duh-dum!!
- 17 Hour Days Brittany has posts that will encourage you in your Christian walk. She has two cute little boys and I love how she incorporates stories of them into deeper truths of salvation and Christ.
- Woman, Live! Brandi has an awesome blog! She writes on these topics: health, relationships, soul food and habits. She also just started a really great series all about Guam!
- Freshly Squeezed Lemonaid is a newer blog. I have enjoyed reading Stephany’s posts, she has a sweet spirit and I bet you would love her too.
- Muddy Boots, Clean Home is the story of Erin and her husband Bradley. They are a military family in Germany. Erin is expecting her first baby any day now. You’ll learn about Germany and all the cute little places Erin visits around the base.
- Let It Be Glory is written by a dear friend of mine. She is also expecting a baby any day now, her third. Amber blogs about her family, adoption and whatever else is on her mind.
- When We Were Young. Virginia blogs about everyday challenges, lessons, joys and dreams.
- Moments in Mommyland is a mommy blog by Canadian blogger Carolyn. Carolyn’s blog covers all things mommy and Disney.
- Coconut Contentment. Emily has lots of yummy recipes, including this one that we made for breakfast this morning. Emily points her readers towards the true contentment that is found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The Marble Jar. Samantha shares Paleo recipes, short stories and lessons that she is learning from her son.
- Creative K Kids. You will find lots of different topics here, recipes, encouragement, link ups and more! Tammy does a great job with her blog and she is just celebrating her one year blogaversary!
- Cozy Mom Spot. Love this blog!
- Zucchini Summer. One of my favorite weekly posts is the Friday Funnies that Tammy posts every week. She also shares deals she has found online.
- Lady Blogger. Bonnie blogs about blogging, parenting and teaching. As a former teacher she has lots of great ideas for homeschoolers, other teachers and people who just like to read. 🙂
I hope you take them time to go visit these other blogs and congratulate them on their nomination. I’m sure you will find one or two that you think are great as well!